- Education: Dartmouth College, A.B. • William and Mary School of Law, Order of the Coif, J.D. • New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- Admitted: State of CT , 2004 • State of NJ, 2005 • State of FL, 2005
- Year joined: 2007
- Year became partner: 2012
Aaron advises in international and domestic income and estate tax planning, federal income tax practice and procedure. He has particular expertise with intra-family and multi-family office pooled investment and holding vehicles and providing advice to closely held businesses with US tax issues at either the ownership or operational level.
Publications and speaking engagements
- Co-author of "FBAR Deadline Moves Up 3 Months to April 15," Accounting Today, August 2015.
- 'The Old and New' (Recent tax and regulatory changes) Withers LLP conferences on 8 February 2011 in Zurich and 9 February 2011 in Geneva. The conference explored the latest developments in tax and securities law which affect private investors and their structures.
- "FATCA and the New Taxation Rules of US Securities" before the Swiss Association of Independent Financial Advisers (S.A.I.F.A.) on January 28th 2011.
- "Trusts under Attack - Protecting Your family Structure" Withers LLP conferences in Zurich and Geneva on November 24th and 25th 2010.
- Instructor for International Aspects of United States Income and Transfer Tax for the Executive Master of Advanced Studies in International Taxation 2010 on July 9th & 10th and December 4th of 2010 at the University of Neuchatel.
- "US HIRE Act 2010" (Hiring Incentives to Restore Employment) conferences on 8 June 2010 in Geneva and on 9 June 2010 in Zurich. The conference focused on exploring the main aspects of the HIRE Act and it was presented by Withers LLP Wealth Planning team.
- "Life Insurance and Tax Planning for American Clients" Academy and Finance SA on June 1st 2010 in Geneva.
- Co-author - "Proposed U.S. Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act: Impact on Non-U.S. Financial Institutions, Intermediaries and Investment Vehicles" for the World Securities Law Report December 2009.
American Bar Association Section of Taxation
On a personal note
Aaron enjoys reading, jogging along the New England coastline and spending time with his wife, Amanda, and their bulldogs.