- Education: University of Sydney, B.A.,Ll.B.
- Admitted: Australia, 1976
- Year joined: 2016
Chris has practised in M&A, general corporate and commercial and real estate for 40 years, with particular emphasis on the hotel sector for the last 10 years.
His areas of focus include acquisitions and disposals of corporate vehicles, businesses and real estate assets, hotel management and franchise agreements, shareholder agreements and disputes and also dispute resolution.
- SilverNeedle Hospitality Group in respect of a share and asset acquisition of the Constellation Hotels Group (one of Australia’s top ten largest hotel managers) operating under the 'Country Comfort, Sundowner and Chifley' brands. The business covered over 50 owned, leased, managed and licensed properties in Australia and New Zealand as well as corporate entities in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and China
- M&L Offshore Investments Pte Ltd on the purchase of the 179 room Citigate Melbourne Hotel, subject to Mirvac management agreement
- Carter Group on the purchase of Holiday Inn Melbourne
- Purchasers and prospective purchasers of resorts in the Maldives
- Starwood Group on the management and associated agreements for various Australian hotels
- Club Resorts No.1 Australia Ltd on the purchase of Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
- Hyatt Hotels Corporation in obtaining injunctions against the owner of the Hyatt Coolum Golf Resort and Spa, Queensland restraining the purported termination by the owner of a long term management agreement
- Royal Group (Singapore) on the NSW Supreme Court litigation concerning shareholder dispute
- R.M. Williams Holdings Pty Ltd on the establishment (by incorporated joint venture) of R.M.Williams Agricultural Holdings Ltd and the acquisition and financing by the latter of pastoral and conservation properties in northern Australia
- R.M. Williams Holdings Pty Ltd on the sale of the issued share capital of R.M. Williams Pty Ltd
- His experience includes two periods as acting General Counsel at Arnotts Biscuits Ltd and Managing Partner of Blake Dawson Waldron Canberra Office.
Publications and speaking engagements
Chris is the author of Lexis Nexis Australian Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents chapters on corporate constitutions and shareholder agreements.
On a personal note
Outside of work, Chris enjoys going to the theatre and football (he is a mad supporter of Central Coast Mariners FC).