- Education: Queen Mary's College, University of London, LLB (Hons)
- Admitted: England and Wales, 1985
- Year joined: 1997
- Year became partner: 2008
Dora is a partner in the Wealth Planning group, specialising in all aspects of probate, succession and tax planning, both domestic and international, particularly for high net worth families and family offices. Dora also advises on lifetime cross border succession, planning and estates.
Dora often coordinates teams of professional advisers for major estates, both internally and externally, and deals with the non-contentious aspects of disputes relating to the validity of Wills, Inheritance (Provision for Family Independence) Act 1975 claims, construction and rectification of Wills, working closely with the Contentious Trust and Succession team.
Dora specialises in international estates, in particular estates with a US and UK element, and domicile claims, including providing assistance for stress testing domicile pre-death.
Publications and speaking engagements
- Co-author of Withers LLP publication ‘Planning for the future and beyond’, dealing with UK aspects of estates with a US/UK element and highlighting the pitfalls.
- Contributor to the 4th, 5th and 6th editions of McCutcheon on Inheritance Tax by Sweet & Maxwell, in particular to the chapter on The Charge on Death, Partly Exempt Transfers and Posthumous Arrangements.
- Article ‘Cross Atlantic Planning’ published in US magazine, Private Wealth, November/December 2009 issue.
- International Succession Conference, Milan and Lugano, 2007.
- STEP New York talk, Spring 2009 – Tax, Trusts and Estates Latest Developments – Exeter, London, Gatwick, Manchester.
- Lexis Nexis Cross border Estates Conference, London, 2010.
- Bonhams talk, Los Angeles, September 2012, International Estates with US/UK interests.
- Lexis Nexis webinar, March 2012. Non-contentious probate rules – What will the new rules mean? Non-contentious probate update and round-up.
- STEP Lancashire and Lakes talk, November 2012, the Law Commission report on intestacy and family provisions claims on death.
- It’s personal, action points for Italians living in the UK, London, February 2013, succession and inheritance.
- Succession and Inheritance Seminar, Milan, February 2013.
- Which Way Now seminars, Geneva and Zurich, January 2014, cross border planning.
- STEP Verein & Basel conference in Zurich, 'For whom the bell tolls - what to do when someone dies' - 2 October 2014.
- Various inheritance tax workshops for charity clients.
- Member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- STEP UK Practice Committee member (Chair 2010 to 2012)
- Private Client Section, Law Society