Partner and Joint Wealth Planning Practice Group Leader
- Education: London School of Economics, LL.M • University of Zurich, lic.iur. (LL.B. equivalent)
- Admitted: Switzerland, 1997 • England and Wales, 2002
- Languages spoken: French • German • Swiss German • Italian
- Year joined: 2003
- Year became partner: 2006
Filippo is a dual qualified English solicitor and Swiss lawyer (Rechtsanwalt) and advises clients on international tax and estate planning issues. Able to approach both common law and civil law issues from a practical perspective, he advises on the establishment and restructuring of both trusts and foundations as well as on UK and international tax issues. Filippo’s clients include wealthy individuals and governments. Able to approach both common law and civil law issues from a practical perspective, his areas of specialism include; UK and international tax, taxation of UK property, international relocation, tax compliance (transparency/voluntary disclosures/investigations), trusts and foundations (advisory and contentious), international Wills and probate, generational succession planning and family governance.
He advised several governments in relation to the introduction of foundations’ laws and has recently advised a EU territory on their personal tax residence offering. In 2008, he represented STEP at a public hearing organised by the OECD’s on high net worth individuals.
Guest lecturer, LL.M. in comparative and international trust law, King’s College London (2010-); Lecturer, CASS Business School (City University London), Trust Executives Seminar 2011 for the China Trustee Association, Lecturer, Master Tributario Internazionale, il Sole 24 Ore (Milan) (2009-2010); Lecturer, LL.M in Private wealth Management, University of Münster (Germany) (2008-); lecturer, Trust law, Centro Studi Bancari, Lugano (Switzerland) (2008); Lecturer, international tax law, University of Liechtenstein (2010-).
'..delivers a uniquely practical approach to complex structures.'
'Filippo Noseda, who jointly heads the team with Milner, also has a superb reputation'
Legal 500, 2014
Publications and speaking engagements
- 'Common Reporting Standard and EU beneficial ownership registers: inadequate protection of privacy and data protection', Trusts & Trustees, 26 January 2017
- 'Trusts and privacy: A new battle front', Trusts & Trustees, 26 January 2017
- ‘How a trust lawyer ended up drafting a law on foundations - The experience of an English lawyer with a funny accent’, Private Foundations: A World Review (Trusts & Trustees, Vol. 20, No 6, July 2014, pp. 516 – 519.
- ‘Art. 26 OECD – Group Requests – the Birth of a New International Standard? Recent developments in Switzerland and potential ramifications for other jurisdictions’, British Tax Review  BTR, No. 1.
- ‘New reporting obligations for trusts in Italy – What professional trustees and beneficiaries need to consider’, Trusts and Estates Law & Tax Journal, December 2013
- Case Report – A recent decision by the Swiss Federal Court in the tax dispute surrounding US taxpayers (Credit Suisse case), International Tax Law Reports, 16 ITLR, part 1, pp. 82 -133.
- ‘Tracing and its Recognition under the Hague Trust Convention’ (book review),  Private Client Business, Issue 6.
- The Hague Trust Convention 25 Years On’, in Trusts in Prime Jurisdictions, 2nd Ed., STEP, 2010.
- 'The Foundations (Jersey) Law 2009: A Civilian Perspective –Not so plain vanilla and possibly a tad wacky’, The Jersey and Guernsey Law Review, February 2010.
- Presentation to Art. 29 Working Party, Brussels (8 September 2016)
- Transcontinental Trusts 2014
- Maurizio Lupoi, Master in Trust Law, Jan 2014
- STEP Guernsey Branch Conference (14 June 2012)
- STEP Israel Annual Conference, Israel (29-30 May 2012)
- IBA’s Annual Congress, Dubai (1-2 November 2011)
- IBC’s The Future of Trusts Isle of Man Conference (28 September 2011)
- 26th Annual Transcontinental Trusts Conference, Geneva (22-23 June 2011)
- 5th National Trust Congress, Associazione ‘il Trust in Italia’ (12-14 May 2011)
- IBC’s and Patrick Soares’ 28th Annual Offshore Tax Planning Conference, London (24 February 2011)
- The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- International Academy of Estate and Trust Law