- Education: WIPO and University of Turin, M.A. Intellectual Property law • Italian Society for International Organization/Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, M.A. Diplomatic and international studies • University of Rome 'La Sapienza', J.D.
- Admitted: Italy, 1998
- Languages spoken: Italian • English • French
- Year joined: 2014
Ida is head of our IP and IT practice in Italy. She has broad experience in assisting clients with intellectual property, privacy and information technology-related matters, both non-contentious and contentious. Her practice includes licensing agreements and transfers of trademarks, designs, copyrights, patents and know-how as well as franchising and merchandising contracts and all other contracts relating to intellectual property. In addition, she has had considerable experience in the management and commercialisation of Italian brands in Asia.
Ida also advises on internet rights and e-commerce, advertising and media with particular reference to the audiovisual market. Her range of advice covers regulatory issues in relation to privacy and the Italian Data Protection Authority.
As a result of having spent several years as the in-house counsel for one of Italy's most renown fashion brands, she has in depth knowledge of the legal issues particular to the fashion and luxury sectors. She is actively involved with the Italian Fashion Chamber (Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana - CNMI) and sits on their IP Commission. Ida is ranked by Chambers Europe and Best Lawyers amongst the top Italian IP lawyers.
- Advised Camera Nazionale della Moda Italiana (The National Chamber for Italian Fashion) on the defence of its intellectual property rights over the internet against third party infringers.
- Assisted CoSTUME NATIONAL on the successful completion of five administrative proceedings before the Chinese trademark authority against third party entities who registered the 'C’N’C’ CoSTUME NATIONAL' trademark in China without E.C.’s consent. These were ground-breaking decisions, acknowledging the rights of well-known trademark owners against infringers.
- Drafted and negotiated IT contracts in relation to the information platforms and customised services of an high fashion Italian brand
- Drafted a policy document for the use of the Federazione Italiana Sport Invernali's (Federation of Italian Winter Sports) new trademark and assisted with the registration of several other trademarks
- Provides ongoing assistance to a well-known luxury Italian jewellery brand in connection with their intellectual property rights.
Publications and speaking engagements
Ida is a contributor to the Italian intellectual property law quarterly review 'Il Diritto Industriale' and authored the following publications:
- 'Intellectual property in designs' (Italian jurisdiction), LexisNexis Ed., 2014.
Mondo Cinese / Rivista di Studi sulla Cina contemporanea – 'China Franchising Law', 2011.
- 'Getting the Deal Through – Intellectual Property and Antitrust', 2010, Law Business Research Ltd.
- 'Patentability of Software and Business Methods', IAM Intellectual Asset Management Magazine – Patents in Europe 2008, p. 23.
- 'Software inventiveness', Il Diritto Industriale, 5/2007, p. 489.
- 'Trademarks and likelihood of confusion', Il Diritto Industriale, 3/2007, p. 226.
- 'Intellectual property in designs' (Chapter 11 - Italian jurisdiction), Lexis Nexis Ed., 2005.
- 'In-House Counsel – Attorney Client Privilege' (Italian Jurisdiction), A Lex Mundi Multi-jurisdictional Survey, US, 2005.
- 'Secondary meaning and examination by Commissione dei Ricorsi', Il Diritto Industriale, 2/2004, p. 323.
- 'Relative grounds of trademarks voidness and transitional law provisions', Il Diritto Industriale, 6/2003, p. 527.
- 'Border Measures in the Trips Agreement, the EU and Italy', WIPO Academy Journal, 2000.
Ida is often invited as a speaker on intellectual property and technology matters. Recent speaking engagements include 'The new Italian Patent Box' with PWC at the Italian Fashion Chamber -December 2015 and 'When Fashion meets Technology' at the European I-Tech Law Conference in London – November 2015. Ida is also a regular speaker at the Il Sole 24 Ore Luxury and Fashion Management Executive Program, as well as the SDA Bocconi Executive Program in Innovation and Technology.
- International Bar Association - Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Committee
- APPI - International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property
- I-Tech Law Association
- Member of IP Commission of Camera della Moda Italiana
- Board Member of Associazione Italia Hong Kong
On a personal note
Ida is a passionate supporter of 'Made in Italy' creations, brands and food; her hobbies are books, movies, fitness training and travelling.