- Education: Australian National University, BCom, LLB, GradDipLegPrac • University of Sydney, Masters of Law
- Admitted: New South Wales, Australia, 1997 • England and Wales, 2002
- Year joined: 2016
- Year became partner: 2016
Justin is a partner of Withers' Asia Pacific Hotels practice. He has almost 20 years professional practice experience in Funds and M&A transactions in Europe and Asia Pacific.
His practice focuses on structuring and executing transactions in the property, hotels and tourism industries. His experience is deep and broad, covering simple asset and share deals through to highly complex multi-jurisdictional leveraged transactions.
Justin’s experience was gained practicing accounting, tax and law in private practices both domestically and overseas with top tier firms including PwC, Simmons & Simmons and most recently Baker & McKenzie and hotel specialists Ryan Lawyers. Justin has years of experience as an employed in-house corporate counsel to The Trust Company Limited, an ASX listed financial intermediary.
With his strong combination of accounting, tax and legal experience and professional qualification, Justin is particularly skilled at finding practical commercial solutions to complex structuring and legal requirements.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Fund and trust structuring and investment
- Joint ventures and co-investment arrangements
- Reorganisations and restructures
Justin is admitted to practice as a lawyer in New South Wales (Australia) and in England and Wales. Justin is also a chartered accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, a chartered company secretary with Governance Institute of Australia and a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners.
Publications and speaking engagements
Justin regularly attends property and hospitality industry conferences in Asia and Australia and has presented to clients and at a number of APREA conferences on inbound and outbound property fund investment. Justin has also been published in legal journals on a number of relevant fund and taxation topics.
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (Member)
- Governance Institute of Australia (Member)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (Member)
- Law Society of England and Wales (Member)
- Law Society of New South Wales (Member)
On a personal note
Justin's interests include motor racing, golf, football, cricket, movies and spending time with his family.