- Education: Università Degli Studi, Milan, Italian Law • College of Law, LL.M, London
- Admitted: England and Wales, 2011
- Languages spoken: Italian
- Year joined: 2009
Cliccare qui per la versione italiana
Mara trained at Withers. Upon qualifying, she joined the international wealth planning team where she advises on trust structures, pre-immigration remittance planning and tax and succession planning, especially for the 'res non doms'. In particular, she has experience of advising on the interaction between common law and continental European elements both in connection with trust structures and estate planning.
- Estate planning for Italian (and other non-UK domiciled) clients with connections to the UK
- Advising on the establishment of excluded property trusts and offshore trusts
- Advising on the Italy/UK double taxation agreements (both in relation to income/capital gains tax purposes and in relation to succession tax)
- UK pre-immigration tax and succession advice for a number of European nationals
- Advising on the UK/Swiss tax agreement and the LDF
- Advice on the EU Succession Regulation
- Advice in the context of a probate with UK and Italian elements
Publications and speaking engagements
- Talk on 'Limitation of Liability' as a seminar on English law organised in Bucharest with partner Madalina Dumitrescu and Professor Paul Matthews
- Article on the tax treatment of Italian trusts in light of Circolare 61E/2010 issued by the Italian Tax Authority
- Talk given in Lugano on the UK tax implications of real estate investments in the UK in light of the recent changes introduced by the 2012 Budget
- Speaker at the joint IBA/AIJA conference in Berlin on the taxation of trusts and foundations from a UK perspective.
- The British Italian Law Association (BILA)
- International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA)
On a personal note
Mara enjoys tennis, travelling, theatre and last, but not least, good food.