Director of Immigration
- Education: Princeton University, MPA, International Relations • Whitman College, B.A. (Hons) History
- Languages spoken: Mandarin • Russian
- Year joined: 2014
During a 10-year diplomatic career with the U.S. Department of State, Mark served overseas assignments in Guangzhou, London, Taipei, and Hong Kong. Working as a Consular Officer, Mark adjudicated tens of thousands of U.S. immigrant and non-immigrant visa cases.
Mark is the Director of Immigration based in Hong Kong. In collaboration with Withers private client attorneys, Mark assists clients regarding all forms of U.S. immigration matters as well as investment immigration to countries such as Malta, Cyprus, St. Kitts & Nevis, etc.
- Assisted numerous CEOs and entrepreneurs to overcome refused U.S. visa cases.
- Advised Asian families on simultaneous investment immigration to countries in both Europe and the Caribbean.
Publications and speaking engagements
- Co-Author, "Understanding Optimal Options Before Making a Decision on Investment Immigration", "投資移民 先了解適合方案", Hong Kong Economic Journal, 信報財經新聞, July 20, 2016.
- Quoted, "Gap on Investment Immigration Between You and UHNWs", "在移民这件事上，你和超级富豪隔着这几条沟", China Business News, 第一财经日报, July 17, 2016.
- Quoted, "A New Pathway for Chinese Entrepreneurs", Biz.hk – AmCham Hong Kong Magazine, June 1, 2015.
- Quoted, "Hong Kong, U.S. Keep Visa Door Ajar", Barron's Asia, February 12, 2015.
- Quoted, "Chinese Business, Leisure Visitors to US Surge 68 pc Thanks to 10-year Permits", South China Morning Post, February 4, 2015.
- Quoted, "Wealth Management: A Home Away From Home", Global Capital, December 15, 2014.
- Quoted, "Withers Suggest Alternative Routes for Backlogged Chinese Applicants Immigrating to the US", Asian Private Banker, November 7, 2014.
- Hong Kong SelectUSA Committee member
- AmCham Hong Kong member
- AmCham South China member
On a personal note
Mark enjoys spending time with his two young daughters and is an aspiring Russian film buff.