- Education: Southampton University, LL.B. Law
- Admitted: England and Wales, 2002
- Year joined: 2004
- Year became partner: 2012
Tim is a partner in Withers' wealth planning team and advises high net worth individuals in relation to tax, trusts and estate planning, particularly non-UK domiciled individuals with complex international affairs.
Tim's expertise includes:
- defining sophisticated pre-immigration tax planning strategies for individuals moving to the UK;
- advising entrepreneurs in relation to the tax efficient structuring of their UK businesses and remuneration strategies;
- creating tax efficient holding structures for investment into UK property;
- advising in relation to the establishment and operation of private trust companies, family limited partnerships and family offices and advising generally in relation to family governance.
Tim was named in Tax Journal's 40 under 40 for 2015, Private Client Practitioner's Top 35 under 35 for 2012, was recommended in the Citywealth Leaders Lists of 2013, 2014 and 2015 and received the Lawyer Awards private wealth team of the year in 2014 on behalf of his team.
- advised the Chief Minister’s Department of the States of Jersey in relation to the changes to Jersey's regime for attracting high net worth individuals;
- advised Ben Goldsmith in relation to the creation of the advisory entity to Menhaden, an investment trust listed on the London Stock Exchange;
- acts as a director of the remuneration committee of several leading hedge funds;
- advised several high profile families in relation to tax planning strategies for their moves to the UK from countries including Canada, France, Poland, Russia, Spain and the US;
- created a private trust company structure for an individual with over £2bn of diverse business and sporting assets.
Publications and speaking engagements
Tim has spoken at conferences hosted by IBC, Tolley and Lexis Nexis among others in relation to topics as diverse as remittance planning, tax efficient investment strategies, business investment relief, tax planning for entrepreneurs, the acquisition of yachts and aircraft and Shari'a law.
Tim is a co-author of McCutcheon on Inheritance Tax and regularly contributes to the STEP Journal, the Solicitors' Journal, the High Net Worth Journal, the European Tax Service, Wealth Briefing and Offshore Red.
Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
On a personal note
Tim is a proud member of the Bengal Tigers Football Club (sponsored by his local curry house on Brick Lane).