Banking and finance
We advise banks, financial institutions and borrowers on wholesale and retail banking. We are also increasingly involved in advising on PIPES transactional financing structures with our Investment Management team.
We assist clients on all aspects of banking law, including the regulation of banking, the bank/customer relationship, domestic UK and US and international banking operations, and securities of all types. We provide advice on secured and unsecured transactions such as revolving credit, term and cash flow facilities, and draft security and facility documentation, both standard and custom.
We also advise clients in related fields such as acquisition finance, aircraft and shipping finance, art finance, derivatives, financial services, leasing, project finance, property and development finance, and trade finance.
Our client list includes a number of domestic and international leading banks and financial institutions, as well as business, real estate and high net worth individual borrowers. We also advise for alternative investment houses such as hedge funds on innovative financing transactions, many of which have an international aspect. In the UK we advise Barclays Private Bank, Clydesdale Bank, Reliance Bank and the Royal Bank of Scotland, as well as foreign banks in London, such as the State Bank of India and Bank of China. We also work with most of the major Italian banks.
In the US, we represent financial institutions such as North Fork Bank, Royal Bank of Canada, Bank of America and People's United Bank.
We also regularly act for non-profit clients in the provision of advice both on commercial banking and on development finance projects.
- Acting for a boutique PIPES transaction arranger in a number of financing transactions.
- A €242 million syndicated loan for Targetti Sankey SpA in order to assist in the acquisition of the Danish lighting company Louis Poulsen Lighting A/S.
- Advising State Bank of India an a US$150 million facility for Oil and Natural Gas Corporation of India.
- Assisting Sir Rocco Forte & Family plc with its banking facilities.
- Representing North Fork Bank in connection with providing loans to high net worth individuals to finance the acquisition of minority shareholder's interest in individual's business.