Our employment team regularly negotiate and draft a vast range of core employment documents, such as service and employment agreements, consultancy and secondment agreements, employment policies and staff handbooks. This assists our clients in the challenges faced by employing staff. Further, we offer a ‘policy audit' service to ensure that the companies we represent comply with the continually evolving legal landscape.
We are particularly experienced in guiding companies on the implications of employee incentive plans of all descriptions, from complex bonus arrangements and share options to confidentiality and non-compete agreements.
Our client list is broad and ranges from global manufacturers, PR companies, recruitment firms and hedge funds to hotels, charities, luxury and consumer brands, family offices and even a Formula One racing team. Many run global businesses with operations in locations worldwide.
- Represented California-based founder of national event/ticketing company and serial entrepreneur in connection with the negotiation of an stock purchase/senior executive employment agreement with a Canadian based venue/ticketing entity. Subsequently negotiated a separate investment by client in a multi-platform (television, motion picture, film, sports, advertising, news, politics) audio/video product and related social and community networking websites.
- Acting on behalf of a leading fashion designer, drafting a complete suite of employment contracts for all levels of staff.
- Drafting confidentiality agreements for several family offices.
- Providing advice on the revision of service agreements to make them more suitable for forthcoming IPOs.
- Advising a shipping company on the interpretation of bonus documentation.
- Obtaining a summary judgment on behalf of a leading investment advisor in the US in a hotly-contested restrictive covenants case in which the continued viability of a wealth advisory firm was at stake.