Our corporate finance team helps clients plan and implement complex and innovative corporate finance transactions.
In the US, our team provides advice to both US and overseas borrowers and lenders, in a wide range of debt financings and equity transactions. We work with our clients to understand their needs, identify potential financing sources, and to achieve their financing goals.
In the UK, we work on IPOs (both on the Main Market and on AIM), secondary issues from open offers, placings and rights issues, and public company takeovers, such as the US $270m takeover of KazakhGold. We have worked on over 50 IPOs and capital raisings on AIM and the main market in recent years.
Our corporate finance team assists clients with:
- raising seed, start-up, development or expansion capital
- mergers, demergers, acquisitions and disposals of private companies
- mergers, demergers and takeovers of public companies, including public-to-private deals
- management buy-out, buy-in or similar of companies, divisions or subsidiaries
- equity issues by companies, including IPOs
- raising capital via the issue of other forms of equity, debt and related securities for the refinancing and restructuring of businesses
- raising capital for specialist corporate investment funds, such as private equity, venture capital, real estate and infrastructure funds
- financing joint ventures, project finance, infrastructure finance, public-private partnerships and privatisations
- secondary equity issues, whether by means of private placing or further issues on a stock exchange especially where linked to one of the transactions listed above
- raising debt and restructuring debt
We are increasingly acting for companies in the FSU and through our Hong Kong office in the PRC and the Asia-Pacific region. We offer advice on complex cross-border transactions for which we are able to call on our staff in offices round the world.
- Advising Christopher Kane on the acquisition by Global Luxury Brands Group Kering
- Advising Anya Hindmarch on the investment by Mayhoola
- Advising Jonathan Anderson on the acquisition by LVMH
- Advising Nicholas Kirkwood on the acquisition by LVMH
- Advising Newbay Media LLC, part of the Wicks Group (a New York based private equity firm) on the acquisition of Intent Media Limited, a UK magazine publisher
- Advising Reply Limited on the acquisition of various UK companies, most recently a software development consultancy, Solidsoft Limited
- Advising Celtech Holdings Limited on the sale of a UK tissue paper manufacturer, Northern Tissue Group Limited
- Acting for Soho House, the luxury private members’ club group, in the sale of a majority stake to Yucaipa company
- Acting for the majority shareholders on the sale of their stake in QPR Football Club to Tony Fernandes’s Tune Group and previously acting on the takeover of QPR Football Club by the selling shareholders
- Advising Natalie Massenet, the founder of online luxury fashion retailer Net-a-Porter on its £350m sale to Swiss luxury goods Richemont
- Acting for the founders of the South Beach Diet in the sale of the South Beach Diet brand to MidOcean Partners
- Advising a South American Family Office on various investments in AIM listed gold mining company, Serabi Gold plc, by way of share subscription and rule 9 whitewash
- Advising Columbus Nova, a New York based technology fund, on its investment in German listed technology company, Pyrolyx AG
- Advising Hugh Willis on his acquisition of a 35% equity stake in Morgan Hunt Limited, a leading UK recruitment agency
- Advising Jennifer Moores on her investment in Harry’s of London Limited alongside US Private Equity House, Palladin Retail Partners
- Acting for Cantor Fitzgerald and Panmure Gordon on the AIM IPO of Globalworth, a Romanian property developer
- Acting for London listed gold mining company KazakhGold on a partial offer from Russian gold miner Polyus Gold for a consideration of US$270m