Exiting your business
While you are appropriately focused on the near-term business goals of the emerging company, it is important to focus some attention on possible exit strategies and/or business succession.
- tactics you can expect the purchaser to employ
- valuation and identification of the purchaser
- commencing discussions
- heads of terms or a letter of intent?
- regulatory clearances
- tax issues and clearances
- entrepreneur's relief in the UK
- managing the transaction
- commencing your new project
- transfer of assets before and after the exit