Moving abroad is never straight-forward and immigration goes beyond the mere relocation of you and your family. Along with ensuring you have the appropriate visas, we consider your financial status, your income and tax exposure, liability and asset protection.
Our immigration team is sensitive to the fact that, regardless of the motivation, relocating is a personal, often emotional experience. They will work with you to develop an individual, tailored plan to meet your objectives, taking into account issues such as:
- Tax liability and succession planning
- Corporate issues
- Geographic and cultural factors in choosing a jurisdiction
At Withers, our immigration team is experienced in advising individuals with complex and sophisticated issues. The team has the advantage of working alongside experienced in-house advisors in the fields of tax planning, corporate, real estate, family and employment law to offer you a holistic approach. The emphasis is on providing a comprehensive, time and cost efficient solution to your needs.
We can assist you with:
- Relationship and family-based visas
- Investment and employment based visas
- Entrepreneur visas
- Acquisition of UK passports, especially cases not meeting the normal criteria and requiring the favourable exercise of discretion
- US green card application/surrender
- US citizenship renunciation