Investment real estate
Commercial property investment has gained a markedly higher profile in recent years as markets have thrived and the range of investment vehicles has grown. The institutional and private investors for whom we act have been extremely active recently.
We act for a wide variety of property owners, in many cases with substantial real estate portfolios, and advise on transactions of urban and rural land of every description, from offices, retail units and warehouses to forestry and agricultural land.
We have experience in the broad range of investment property and portfolio transactions, and also in various investment vehicles including open-ended investment companies, limited partnerships, unit trusts and REITs. In this context, we also deal with all the major offshore fund jurisdictions.
Our clients are interested in running their portfolios as tax-efficiently as possible. We are able to advise on appropriate investment vehicles for clients' individual circumstances and can structure acquisitions and sales in an advantageous manner for each particular investment platform.
- Advising a high net worth Greek family on the contribution into a Greek REIT of an industrial property belonging to the family's privately held real estate investment company for general deleveraging and tax reasons in addition to creating cash flows from dividends.
- Acquiring a mixed commercial portfolio for a UK family trust.
- Acquisition of a multi-let £20m investment property on Fleet Street for a private client.
- The purchase of a government-let property in central London for £20m for a Sunday Times ‘Rich List' investor.
- Handling the acquisition of an office building in Lincoln's Inn for the investment portfolio of the Grocers' Company, a UK non-profit institution.
- The formation of a master LLC (limited liability company) investment entity in the US, to purchase, construct, own and occupy a state-of-the-art medical office building and the negotiation of construction and permanent financing, and all the leases.
- Representing the developer of a $55 million international resort and sporting club.