When clients are looking to form strategic alliances with other enterprises, they need advice on how to structure and manage their relationships so as to optimize business opportunities.
Our corporate team has a wealth of experience in both public and private sector strategic alliances. We can assist clients in negotiating joint marketing, joint development licences and other contractual arrangements that create strategic relationships.
We also advise clients on the formation of joint venture entities with shareholders agreements as well as more traditional partnerships, limited partnerships and limited liability companies where the nature of the strategic relationship is set out in the partnership or operating agreements. We also advise clients on innovative options to acquire businesses based on the level of success experienced in the early stages of the strategic cooperation.
Ultimately we seek to establish a flexible legal structure where risk and reward are realistically balanced for the participants.
Our client base is very broad, ranging from individual investors in businesses to multinational public companies. With many clients based around the world, we have a great deal of experience in advising on joint ventures with an international dimension, strengthened by the fact that many of our lawyers are multi-lingual.
- Advising the principal of a privately held, Greek yogurt producing company on the joint venture agreement for both the production and distribution of "private label" yogurt products in the US as well as a dairy products manufacturing facility in New York State.
- Advising a Joint venture relating to the operation of an oil terminal in the CIS.
- We have recently advised on client operating in the healthcare sector on a joint venture relating to the provision of diagnostic services.
- Advised Control Risks Group, a leading private security and investigative services firm on joint ventures with partners in the US and elsewhere.
- Advising on a joint venture investment by a UK client into the US-based Stronghold jeans brand.
- Advising private equity investors in control investment in joint venture for branded alcoholic beverage.