25 October 2018 - Events
This will be our tenth annual review of the year with guest speaker Sarah Woolnough, Executive Director of Policy and Information at Cancer Research UK who will be giving her insight into Cancer Research UK's preparation for the implementation of GDPR. This is the must-attend event for those leading and advising charities who want to understand the key legal and regulatory issues in the sector and the big events on the horizon in 2018.
We will look back at the impact on charities (and their trustees) of some of the most significant events which have occurred in the last 12 months. With 'fake news' stories abound, data protection compliance concerns and the never-ending glare of the press on the activities of charities and those who run them, there will be much to cover, including a 'heads-up' on the issues which are likely to arise for charities in the coming months.
Chris Priestley, who heads our Charities team will also be giving an overview of the following topics:
• Data protection, fundraising and the first 12 months of the Fundraising Regulator
• What charities should be doing in advance of the implementation of GDPR
• The Charity Commission's revised regulatory approach
• New trends in charity governance
• What it means to be a charity trustee in 2018 and the ongoing fall-out from the failure of Kids Company
• Charity law reform
• What impact the new Criminal Finances Act and Trusts Register will have on charities
Management, legal in-house teams and trustees, do not miss the opportunity to hear a comprehensive round-up of key legal developments and practical advice from our expert speakers.