Panelists will discuss US and Chinese legal and policy challenges faced by Chinese companies seeking mergers and acquisitions in the US and share practical experience in effectively managing risks.
The panel will also focus on post-liquidity wealth management for business owners, including the US tax reform's impact on Chinese business owners' US investment structures and wealth management products and strategies in the current US legal and economic environment.
Panel 1: Chinese Companies' Investment in the US in the Current Regulatory Environment
- Review a case study – A successful Chinese acquisition of a US company under the Trump administration
- Analyze legal and policy issues and pragmatic risk management
- Cross-border M&A in today's environment – an investment bank's perspective
- Shudan Zhou, Associate at Withers Bergman LLP
- Maoyuan Zhu, Partner at Zhong Lun Law Firm (Beijing)
- Ridge Barker, Partner at Withers Bergman LLP (New York)
- Amna Malik, Investment Banking (Syndicate), Morgan Stanley (New York)
Panel 2: Chinese UHNWs' US Investment Structures and Product Options under New US Tax Law
- Highlight investment opportunities and key products for Chinese clients in the current economic and legal environment in the US
- Discuss US tax reform's impact on Chinese clients' wealth and investment structures
- Edward Renn, Partner at Withers Bergman LLP
- Greg Gatesman, Morgan Stanley, IWM
- Ileana Musa, Managing Director, Management Morgan Stanley (New York)
- Aaron Schumacher, Partner at Withers Bergman LLP
Hosted by Barbara Yee, Financial Advisor at Morgan Stanley
Please click here to RSVP.