19 September 2019 - Podcast
The Good Governance Code steering group has launched a consultation process to establish if there is a need for a new governance code to address the challenges being faced by the larger or more complex charities.
Good Governance: A Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector, was first published in 2005 and then updated in 2010; it is a code of governance written by voluntary organisations for voluntary organisations, and is support by the Charity Commission. The Code Founding Group is made up of representatives from:
- ACEVO (Association of Chief Executives of Voluntary Organisations);
- ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators);
- NCVO (National Council for Voluntary Organisations);
- SCC (Small Charities Coalition – merged with Charity Trustee Networks in 2011); and
- WCVA (Wales Council for Voluntary Action).
The Code's steering group is requesting online feedback on whether the current code adequately addresses the challenges being faced by the larger or more complex charities.
There is no deadline to reply to the consultation but, Lindsay Driscoll, chair of the Code Funding Group, said: 'We are hoping to conclude the consultation in the autumn'.
A separate version for smaller organisations was published in 2011, please click here view.