Asia has seen unprecedented economic growth and wealth accumulation over the past three decades. This has attracted global investment funds focusing on asset classes ranging from traditional real estate and private equity, to intellectual property and distressed assets. The prospects for further growth are excellent, prompting the formation of medium-to-large sized funds focusing on the Asia-Pacific region. To service the ever increasing need for sophisticated legal, regulatory and tax advice relevant to fund sponsors and investors, Withers is pleased to announce the launch of our Asia Regional Funds Centre.
What makes our offering unique, is a one-stop fully integrated service that integrates legal, tax, regulatory and compliance, for fund sponsors, investment advisers and investors. Our lawyers provide legal and tax advice on all funds related matters, including
- legal aspects of fund formation involving all leading fund jurisdictions
- private placement and fund collective vehicle documentation
- regulatory and securities law advice relating to the marketing and management of funds over multiple jurisdictions
- structuring highly tax efficient downstream investment structures that take into consideration the legal and regulatory requirements and limitations
- whilst taking maximum advantage of the unique and highly favorable tax systems in the region to optimize the overall tax rates for fund sponsors and fund investors
As a full service international law firm, with a funds team based in its offices in Asia, we pride ourselves on providing reliable, bespoke and solution-focused advice, helping clients to cater for their evolving legal needs.
Should you have any questions regarding our service and how we may assist, please contact any of the lawyers displayed below.