17 September 2019 - Events
4 March 2019
6.00pm – 7.30pm (registration from 5.30pm)
In partnership with the Investment Treaty Forum (‘ITF’) of the British Institute of International and Comparative Law (‘BIICL’), we are delighted to host a seminar on the relationship between treaties and custom in international investment law.
This event will bring together leading practitioners, government representatives and academics working in the area of investment treaty arbitration. The speakers will focus on the following topics:
- Jurisdictional matters, such as dual nationality and the exhaustion of local remedies
- Merits matters, such as the minimum standard in customary international law
- Treaty practice – coming full circle with customary international law?
Professor Andrea Bjorklund, McGill University
- Hussein Haeri, Withersworldwide
- Robert Volterra, Volterra Fietta
- Dr Mustaqeem De Gama, South African Mission to the WTO
Convened by Professor Yarik Kryvoi, Senior Research Fellow in International Economic Law and Director of the Investment Treaty Forum.