Cross-jurisdictional MLA request
Represented a UHNWI in a cross-jurisdictional mutual legal assistance application with underlying allegations of theft of trading algorithms and fraud where concurrent proceedings were ongoing in Cyprus, Monaco and Greece.
Conducted an internal investigation for a national consultancy firm following claims of furlough fraud. On reporting the findings of the investigation to the client, HMRC was then engaged which resulted in a favourable agreement under COP9 procedure.
INTERPOL Red Notice
Advising HNWI in pre-emptive application to INTERPOL not to register a Red Notice following false allegations of fraud in South Korea. Coordinated an international team of lawyers to challenge the enforcement of such a Red Notice in multiple jurisdictions.
INTERPOL Red Notice deletion
Successful deletion of INTERPOL Red Notice for client who had been convicted in absentia during proceedings in Turkey. Anthony had previously successfully defended the extradition request.
Italy extradition request
Successfully resisted an extradition request from the Italian authorities where his client, a practicing US attorney, had been convicted of a bankruptcy fraud valued at 100m euros in relation to a multi-national technology company.
Paraguay extradition request
Represented an individual in the first extradition request from Paraguay in relation to a highly publicised pension fund fraud valued at $60m.
Advised leading international charity on sanctions compliance surrounding the provision of funds for disaster relief across multiple high-risk jurisdictions.
Turkey extradition request
Represented a serving member of the Armed Forces following an extradition request from Turkey. Anthony was able to successfully resist the extradition request, remove the Turkish conviction from the UK Police National Computer and ensure INTERPOL held no records in relation to the conviction.
- 'European Extradition Law' panel (Chair) - Defence Extradition Lawyer's Forum annual conference 2019
- 'Mutual Legal Assistance' seminar (Chair) – Defence Extradition Lawyer's Forum 21 January 2020
- 'Poland – the threat to judicial independence' (Chair) – Defence Extradition Lawyer's Forum 25 November 2020
- 'Sanctions: Recent developments and their effect on cross-border disputes' – British Russian Law Association 18 May 2021
- 'An Introduction to Extradition' (Chair) – Defence Extradition Lawyer's Forum 3 August 2022