26 November 2018 - Events
Growth projections for emerging Asia (India, South East Asia and China) remain robust. Singapore will continue to be an attractive platform for investing in the region, even in the midst of unprecedented global tax changes including US tax reforms and multilateral efforts to curb aggressive tax structures.
In the run up to the 2018 Singapore Budget, there are calls for introducing more incentives to strengthen Singapore’s competitiveness as a preferred fund and tech hub. While India’s 2018 Budget may not provide special incentives for investors, a number of recent developments are likely to impact India-focused structures. Other recent developments include Singapore’s position as a hub for debt restructuring as well as innovations in fintech and crypto currencies, which has given rise to new regulatory and tax issues.
We invite you to a panel discussion on recent legal and tax trends and developments that will impact funds, family offices, MNCs and entrepreneurs in Singapore and the region. Some of the key topics include:
• Latest trends in structuring Singapore funds and family offices
• 2018 Singapore Budget and key implications
• Impact of 2018 India Budget on inbound and outbound investment structures
• Recent corporate and regulatory developments impacting cross-border structures
• Emerging structures in fintech and crypto currency, both as a business model and asset class