• Advised a Russian international businesswoman in respect of an internet publication based abroad which alleged her involvement in fraudulent activity which resulted in having her name removed from the article.
• Assisted the billionaire founder of an internationally renowned investment firm in the removal of a defamatory online publication, and secured a full public apology and an undertaking from the editor not to publish any further allegations.
• Acted for a well-known author in relation to his publication of a book, negated possible libel issues against his former employer.
• Acted for a high net-worth individual to remove his name from a circulated report claiming he was a politically exposed person.
• Successfully advised a prominent media personality on defending a possible claim for breach of contract and defamation by her former employer following comments made in the media.
• Assisted State Bank of India in relation to a £300 million loan facility for the acquisition of The Old War Office, 57 Whitehall, London.
• Advised an award winning entrepreneur with the publication of his new book. This involved mitigating the various risks of publication (including potential libel and breach of contract claims) and assisting with the negotiations with the eventual publisher.
Can you ‘explain’ your wealth? - Spear’s - March 2018, author
Briefs will always be in fashion - The Times, 2019
How Sir Roger Scruton defended his name and secured reappointment - Withersworldwide, 2019
Can you ‘explain’ your wealth? - Spears 2018
London Advisors Network
Il mio profilo in un minuto
I am pleased to say I am yet to have an uninteresting day at work
From a young age I was torn between a career in politics and a career in law (before realising the latter can, at times, incorporate both)… Since making that decision all those years ago, I have never looked back.
I have been fortunate enough to progress a wide variety of high profile matters during my career at Withers working for the most successful people in the world.
Being able to support such highly sophisticated and talented clients in a careful, commercial and time-effective manner is what drives me on a day-to-day basis and I am pleased to say I am yet to have an uninteresting day at work.