18 October 2019 - Article
In the second post of our #WomenWinning campaign we talk to Annabel Pennefather, former captain of the Singapore hockey team, current president of the International Hockey Federation’s Judicial Commission and senior consultant at Withers, about her successful sports career and mentoring of former athletes transitioning into leadership roles in sport.
Alongside her work at Withers, Annabel is also:
- a member of the International Association of Athletics Federations’ Independent Disciplinary Tribunal
- a member of the Badminton World Federation’s External Judicial Expert Group
- an independent lawyer on the International Cricket Council’s Dispute Resolution Committee
- a member of the Ethics Commission of the Commonwealth Games Federation and a Justice of the Peace
- former vice president of the International Hockey Federation
- former vice president of the Singapore National Olympic Council
- former governing council member of the Singapore Sports Council and as president of the Singapore Hockey Federation
She has been Singapore’s Chef de Mission at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester, the 2006 Asian Games in Doha, the 2010 Commonwealth Games in India and at other major multi-sport games. In recognition of her achievements, she earned the prestigious Asian “Women in Sport” trophy from the IOC in 2004.
Please click here to view other articles and interviews in our Summer of sport: women winning campaign.