07 April 2020 - Article
Family Office Conference 2020
Winning Fights without Losing Hearts
It is easy to get excited about making money and growing business. However, it is harder to find time for families to focus on and talk about the true value and challenges of staying together.
In recent years, it is really good to see more families in Asia taking on this challenge and embarking on this journey with family members across generations.
In this event, we will like to share with you our experience as personal advisors to many families in this area. We will also discuss some recent cases and developments that are relevant to families and family offices.
Lastly, we will discuss whether the new corporate fund vehicle, the Variable Capital Company (VCC), is relevant and useful to families looking for innovative and progressive solutions to structuring family funds. Our guest speakers, including Elean Chin (Head, Insurance, Funds and Infrastructure Finance Division of the Monetary Authority of Singapore), will also share more about the VCC and how it is being used by professional fund managers and multi-family offices (MFOs).
- 1.00pm – Registration
- 1.30pm – Session 1: Family Agreement and Family Constitution – Uniting Family by Confronting Issues and Conflicts Together
- 2.35pm – Session 2: Ready to Win a Fight? Managing challenges and conflicts with Trustees, Beneficiaries, Heirs, Spouse, Neighbours and Others
- 4.15pm – Session 3: Embracing Changes: VCC – Is it for you?
- 5.05pm – Networking
- Stacy Choong – Partner | Withersworldwide
- Elean Chin – Head, Insurance, Funds and Infrastructure Finance Division | Monetary Authority of Singapore
- Stephen Banfield – Partner | Withersworldwide
- Chua Yee Hoong – Partner | Withersworldwide
- Deirdre Fu – Senior Associate | Withersworldwide
- Katie Graves – Partner | Withersworldwide
- Paul Hewitt – Partner | Withersworldwide
- Amarjit Kaur – Partner | Withersworldwide
- Sharon Ser – Partner | Withersworldwide
- Erlene Tan – Partner | Withersworldwide
- Sandra Viana – Partner | Withersworldwide
- Daniel Yong – Partner | Withersworldwide
This seminar has been accredited by IBF under the Financial Training Scheme (FTS). Programmes accredited under the IBF standards are eligible for subsidies under the IBF Standards Training Scheme Funding.
3 hours Regulatory/compliance training
For any queries regarding the event or to register, please contact Janis Bang at firstname.lastname@example.org.