Life sciences and healthcare
Our specialist team of life sciences lawyers spanning the UK, Europe, US and Asia, advise a variety of clients, from leading academic institutions and tech accelerators to renowned charities. We are experts in this sector, having helped companies, specifically at inception or the early stages, bring innovative drugs, therapies and devices to market. Our team includes lawyers with scientific backgrounds and diverse industry experience, which gives us a unique perspective of the opportunities and issues faced by our clients in the life sciences sector. As trusted advisors to our clients, we often work as general counsel thereby extending the capabilities of their teams, as well as providing other legal services, including effective business structuring and capital raising advice, managing intellectual property and commercial arrangements, employment and tax.
Our dedicated life sciences team has extensive experience advising entrepreneurs, investors, and technology companies, operating in a range of sectors, including biotech, med-tech, food tech and health-tech (including digital health).
From inception to exit, we are familiar with the life cycle of life sciences companies and the demands on scaling your business. From structuring and fundraising for early stage companies to M&A and IPO for later stage companies.
For further help or informationGet in touch
Where we shine
Technology transfers & spin-outs
Licensing, R&D & commercial transactions
• put in place valuable R&D, option and pipeline agreements to develop IP
• negotiate in-licensing and out-licensing agreements for early or late-stage products
• effectively bring your products to market through various outsourcing agreements for product manufacture, supply and distribution
• protecting IP developed by your employees, consultants and other third party service providers
• IP portfolio management and brand strategies to maximise the value of your IP across jurisdictions
• dispute resolution of IP infringement
• pre-clinical and clinical trials and pharmacovigilance across multiple jurisdictions
• interactions with regulatory authorities
• advertising and promotional activities
• product recall and liability
• industry codes of conduct and compliance
Our Cambridge, UK office is a key location for our work with the life sciences ecosystem in the area and throughout the UK, with several of our life sciences professionals based in or working in the city.
Meet the team
Would you like to hear more from us?
Visit our subscriptions page to tell us a bit more about what you’re interested in so we can send you relevant news.