- Education: St Hilda's College, Oxford, B.A. (Hons) Jurisprudence
- Admitted: England and Wales, 1997
- Year joined: 2004
- Year became partner: 2006
Sarah advises on tax, trusts and estate planning, both onshore and offshore, for high net worth individuals with a focus on complex offshore structures. Sarah has particular expertise in advising on the establishment of private trust company structures and related fiduciary and governance issues, together with all aspects relating to the family office. She has a significant Russian practice.
Sarah also advises on trust and will drafting and advising trustees on their duties and powers.
'..her service has always been excellent both in terms of content and response.' '..smart, sharp but also good fun to work with.'
'I used her for a significant family governance and technical drafting issue ... Sarah dealt with it superbly. She utilized some very innovative language within the governance documentation that provided the family with a highly tailored and very effective solution.'
'superb...admired by clients for her innovative and bespoke advice'
Who's Who Legal 2015
'..offers considerable expertise advising high net worth individuals on their tax, trust and real estate structures...she is particularly proficient in assisting clients with offshore private trust company formation'
Who's Who Legal 2016
'very experienced...she stands out for complex offshore structures'
Legal 500 2016
Sarah advised a high net worth international family on transferring their assets into a series of trusts for succession planning purposes. The family decided to establish a private trust company to act as trustee and complex issues arose in relation to ownership and control of that private trust company.
Publications and speaking engagements
Sarah speaks widely at external conferences. Recent engagements include:
- 'Risks and opportunities', STEP Journal, September 2011
- 'The Lawyer Family Office and Private Client Summit', Monaco, May 2011
- 'Globalisation: Innovative Fiduciary Structures and Trust Alternatives', Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Conference, Bermuda, April 2009
- ‘Family Office - a new direction', Euromoney's Private banking and Wealth Management Conference, Moscow, June 2008
- ‘Advising high net worth individuals - governance and legal holding structures', Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Conference, Guernsey, May 2008
- ‘UK Pre-Budget Report', Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Conference, Jersey, February 2008
- ‘Planning for Russians', Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Conference, Jersey, November 2008
- ‘Trusts for Russians: New clients, new needs, new approaches', Transcontinental Trusts Conference, Geneva, June 2007
- Student member of STEP
- Member of ITPA.
On a personal note
In her spare time, Sarah enjoys reading, gardening, going to the theatre and socialising.