Registered Foreign Lawyer
- Education: University of Michigan, Ross School of Business, B.B.A. • Boston College Law School, J.D. • New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- Admitted: State of Massachusetts, 2008 • State of New York, 2009
- Languages spoken: Cantonese • Mandarin
- Year joined: 2008
Laurence focuses on international tax, trust and estate planning for families with US connections or investing into the United States. He also advises individuals on bringing their US tax and reporting obligations into compliance (including IRS voluntary disclosures and foreign bank account reporting issues) as well as US pre-immigration and expatriation planning.
Publications and speaking engagements
Laurence has presented at various wealth planning events and training seminars in Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan.
- Presenter, USA Property Market Outlook – Planning for US Real Estate, Jones Lang LaSalle, Hong Kong, 29 June 2015.
- Co-presenter, Rothschild Dialogues – US Planning for Asian Families, Rothschild Trust, Hong Kong, 24 April 2015.
- Co-author, US Immigration: The Importance of Pre-Immigration Planning, CTaxNews, China Civil Entrepreneur, 10 December 2014 and 25 December 2014.
- Co-presenter, Expatriation and Voluntary Disclosures, Citi Private Bank, Hong Kong, 22 September 2014.
- Presenter, Investing in US Real Estate, CORE NYC, Hong Kong, 16 September 2014.
- Co-presenter, Planning for US Federal Estate Tax, ABN Amro, Hong Kong, 19 November 2013.
- Co-presenter, Withers In-House Rolling Program: Tax Implications of US Expatriation: Fact & Fiction, Hong Kong, 24 September 2013.
- Co-presenter, Post Grantor Trust Issues, Deutsche Bank, Hong Kong, 2 August 2010.
- Co-presenter, Post Grantor Trust Issues, BNP, Hong Kong, 20 July 2010.
- Co-presenter, Storm Warning from Washington: HIRE, FBAR, and the SEC, Taipei, Singapore, and Hong Kong, 26-30 April 2010.
On a personal note
Laurence enjoys playing tennis and golf, and is an avid Michigan Wolverines fan.