International law firm Withers has appointed eight new partners from its US and London offices from 1st January 2018:
- James Dougherty, based in Greenwich, advises on estate planning and administration, probate matters and litigation arising from trust and estate succession issues.
- Lian Fang, based in New York, advises on wealth planning matters, frequently working with multi-generational families to assist them with transferring their wealth to younger generations. Lian frequently works with Asian clients, including advising on preparation for investing in or moving to the US.
- Eva Farkas-DiNardo, based in New York, advises clients on personal and business tax planning across their international interests, including pre-immigration planning for those moving to the US, as well as voluntary disclosure and audits in relation to tax.
- Theda Fisher, based in New York, provides corporate immigration advice to a wide range of US and foreign businesses, and personal immigration advice to successful people.
- Elliot Galler, based in New York, advises US domestic and multi-national businesses and high net worth individuals on the tax implications of investing in the US and abroad, as well as providing tax advice on M&A transactions.
- Stephen Nerland, based in London, advises US nationals based in the UK on their US tax and estate planning, as well as advising non-US individuals on tax planning ahead of moving to the US. Stephen also advises on US tax compliance and disclosures.
- Jaime McLemore, based in London, advises US nationals based in the UK on their US tax and estate planning and compliance, as well as advising both individuals and organisations on charitable giving.
- Vasiliki Yiannoulis, based in New York, advises individuals and corporate investors on commercial real estate projects, including advice on debt financing and other lending transactions.
Ivan Sacks, Withers' Chairman, comments: "I am delighted that the skills and hard work of these lawyers have been rewarded with these appointments. These talented new partners will help us to continue enhancing the services we offer our clients and growing our business around the world."
Withers also appointed eight lawyers in Hong Kong, UK and the US to partner in July 2017.