Family walking up a beach

> Experience > Our practices > Tax > US UK cross-border tax and planning

US UK cross-border tax and planning

The ‘special relationship’ between the US and UK does not mean it is simple to have personal and business interests in each. Our leading team includes US lawyers working from our London office to advice those with any kind of US connnection on the best arrangements. 

If you are living in the UK with any kind of US connection, you are likely to have more complicated needs when it comes to your personal and business affairs and you may not even be aware of it.

Our leading team of US tax and wealth planning lawyers working from our London office provide sophisticated advice to global clients with US connections. This advice is based on real experience and we endeavour to find both practical and creative solutions for the complex multi-jurisdictional issues our clients face.

We help clients with exposure to more than one legal system, create and sustain the right structures to achieve their person, family, business and philanthropic objectives.
The types of clients the team regularly advise include:
  • US individuals living abroad who need integrated estate plans or tax advice.
  • Non-US individuals who require assistance managing their US connections, which may include making gifts to family members, making investments, purchasing real estate or owning businesses.
  • Non-US companies who need help forming or managing US businesses or assisting their shareholders with US tax and regulatory issues.
  • Fiduciaries, such as trustees or executors, who need assistance developing and implementing plans to mitigate taxes for US beneficiaries, or arising from US investments, or who represent a decedent with connections to both the US and the UK and exposure to estate/inheritance tax in both jurisdictions. 
  • US charities and private foundations with international objectives, and non-US charities that have US connections such as donors or investments.
  • US-based individuals and companies who have personal or business assets either in the UK or elsewhere around the world.
  • US individuals around the world who need assistance resolving IRS matters or participating in the IRS voluntary compliance programs.
  • US citizens and green card holders who wish to give up their US citizenship status.
  • US individuals living in the UK who are due to benefit from structures created by their relatives in the US.

Track record


Join the club

We have lots more news and information that you'll find informative and useful. Let us know what you're interested in and we'll keep you up to date on the issues that matter to you.

Sign up here

Get in touch

Our website will give you a flavour of the advice we provide - if you would like to talk to us for more information, please contact our client services team who will be happy to assist.

Get in touch