The long-standing market leading position of Withers’ Family Law team has been reinforced once again in Spears 2013 Family Law Index.
Withers dominates the Index Rankings, which are also previewed in The Times’ Law section, demonstrating that the Family Law Team is preeminent. The team has four out of the top ten divorce lawyers in the City listed as key market players and also has a further two partners within the Top Recommended section, giving the Withers team more lawyers in the list than any other firm.
Individual highlights of the Index:
- Gill Doran is described as “More interested in achieving ‘elegant disengagement’ for her clients than in hammer-and-tongs litigation”.
- Comments on Mark Harper say that he is both ‘Without doubt the best technician in London’ and that ‘Harper’s gift is desirable in multiple situations but most especially if you are forum shopping’.
- Julian Lipson said to be ‘enormously likeable’, style characterised by ‘combination of empathy and objectivity’; ‘inspires great confidence’ and ‘cool under pressure’.
- Diana Parker described as ‘one of the incontestable heavyweights of UK family law’ and peers say she has an ‘amazing instinct’ and is ‘frighteningly intelligent’.
- Michael Gouriet described as a ‘calm international finance expert’ and is also recognised as a specialist in cohabitation law issues.
- Suzanne Kingston’s of mediation is highlighted and she is said to be ‘highly skilled at dealing with high-conflict cases’.