Our team has a great deal of experience in helping clients to purchase residential property in a manner which is tax efficient, quick and friendly. It helps clients with the sale and purchase of freehold property and the sale and purchase of leasehold property. Our note called With a property in mind explains more about the conveyancing process in England and Wales for those who are not familiar with it.
We have been trusted legal advisors to successful individuals, their families and their businesses for over 100 years. As an international law firm with offices in the UK, Europe, the US and Asia, we are able to advise clients on both national and cross-border issues. Our clients come from a variety of backgrounds and with interests in diverse fields, from multi-generational families to senior executives, to owners, managers and investors in private capital and some of the world’s wealthiest people.
Our services include the completion of stamp duty land tax returns for clients to sign based on information provided to us. Our services do not, however, include the provision of tax advice generally and we shall assume that you have already received tax advice or will be obtaining tax advice separately, eg whether you need to report any capital gains on the disposal of the whole or part of a legal and or beneficial interest in UK residential property.
Correct as of 1 July 2020
Our team comprises four partners, five solicitors and three other lawyers and paralegals.
All transactions will be managed by one of the partners who will work with other members of our team with the appropriate level of experience. Click on an individual’s name to view their profile.
- Henry Stuart (qualified as a solicitor in 1984)
- Bertie Hoskyns-Abrahall (qualified as a solicitor in 2003)
- Edward Jarron (qualified as a solicitor in 2007)
- Nicholas Vaughan (qualified as a solicitor in 2008)
OTHER TEAM MEMBERS
- Laura Turner – Charted Legal Executive (qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2010)
- David Holland – Senior Associate (qualified as a solicitor in 2011)
- George Coleman – Senior Associate (qualified as a solicitor in 2012)
- Kelly Williams – Trainee Legal Executive (qualified as a Chartered Legal Executive in 2020)
- Michaela Belham – Associate (qualified as a solicitor in 2019)
The team is also assisted by trainee solicitors who will spend six months working with the team. Their overall experience of legal practice will depend on what stage of their two-year training period they have reached and any prior experience gained before they started their training contract. We also have an experienced property manager with over 15 years’ experience who assists on property transactions.
Our charges and timescales
Our legal fees are calculated by reference, amongst other matters, to the total time spent on a case and the hourly rates of the members of the team who deal with it.
- Team member's seniority & Hourly rate as of 1 July 2019:
- Partners – between £495 and £730 per hour
- Special Counsel – £480 per hour
- Associates – between £300 and £480 per hour
- Chartered Legal Executives and Paralegals – between £200 and £295 per hour
- Trainee Solicitors – between £200 and £235 per hour
Please note that these rates do not include VAT. Please also note that our hourly rates may be varied on 1 July each year. VAT is applied at the rate of 20% on our fees and, where applicable, disbursements.
Page last updated April 2022
Get in touch
Our website will give you a flavour of the advice we provide - if you would like to talk to us for more information, please contact our client services team who will be happy to assist.