India Young Professionals Scheme Second Ballot – July 2023
24 July 2023 | Applicable law: England and Wales | 2 minutes
The UK government has invited applicants to apply for its second India Young Professional visa scheme, with the ballot for the remaining 600 places available (most places were taken in the February 2023 ballot), opening on 25 July 2023.
Indian citizens between 18 and 30 years of age can enter the ballot, providing they meet the relevant criteria.
What are the criteria?
- be an Indian citizen
- be between 18 and 30 years old
- have a qualification equivalent to UK Bachelors' degree level or above (or an equivalent overseas qualification at degree level or above)
- have £2,530 in savings held continuously in a personal bank account for a 28 day period
- not have any child dependants under the age of 18
- not have previously held a visa under the Youth Mobility Scheme or as a working holiday maker
- Applicants need not be in India on the date of application.
How to enter the ballot
There is no fee for entering the ballot. Applicants may submit one entry per ballot.
Applicants can submit their entries online between 1:30pm India Standard Time (9am BST) on 25 July 2023 and 1:30pm India Standard time (9am BST) on 27 July 2023. Basic personal information and a photograph are required.
Decision on successful and unsuccessful entries
Successful entries will be picked at random. Results will be sent by email within two weeks of the ballot closing. If successful, applicants will be invited to apply for a visa. They will have 30 days from the date of the email to submit their application and pay both the visa application fee and the Immigration Health Surcharge.
If an entry is unsuccessful, there is no right of appeal. Applicants may instead enter future ballots, which are likely to be take place in 2024.
For further information as to how we can help please contact our UK Immigration team, or your usual Withers contact, call +44 20 7597 6000 or email email@example.com.