Claire is a partner in the private client and tax team.
Claire advises on tax, trust and estate planning for individuals and families, both those based in the UK and those who are non-UK domiciled or resident. Claire's non-UK clients are often based in or hail from Continental Europe and India.
- Estate and lifetime tax and succession planning, including the preparation of Wills, lifetime trusts and Lasting Powers of Attorney and advising on the tax and practical implications of passing personal and business assets down to the next generation.
- Advising on residence and domicile, preparing non-resident individuals for arrival in the UK and providing guidance on the remittance basis of taxation and managing non-UK clean capital.
- The creation and maintenance of trust and corporate structures to assist in succession and tax planning, and advising the trustees of onshore and offshore trusts which hold wealth for both UK-based and international families.
- Providing guidance on philanthropy, governance and succession and the introduction of the next generation to the family's wealth or the family business, which is often in conjunction with single or multi-Family Offices
- Advising the owners of UK property, including rural property and landed estates, on tax and succession matters.
Claire is head of the European Family Office team.
Claire Harris is adept at advising owners of UK landed estates and rural property on tax and succession issues which impact on families. Harris also advises trustees where the principal asset is land.
Partner Claire Harris is ‘up and coming’.