Residency and green cards

Having permanent residence in a jurisdiction means that you have indefinite leave to remain there.

You will normally have the right to work as a permanent resident, but are not yet a full citizen. In the US, a permanent resident card is informally known as a green card.

We have helped thousands of individuals to become permanent residents of a country of their choosing, beginning the process with a visa and ensuring that they meet the requirements of that country (for example spending the correct amount of time there) to qualify. However, for tax reasons green cards in the US are not always desirable and we can also advise on alternative options if this is likely to be a consideration.

We excel in complicated or unusual cases, such as when we helped a client to attain UK permanent resident status on an exceptional basis, when he had greatly exceeded the permitted level of absences.

For further help or information

Get in touch

28 June 2017 - Article

EU citizens' rights on Brexit - The UK's offer

Read More


Leading individual for immigration

Meet the team

How the team can help

We can also help with

Would you like to hear more from us?

Visit our subscriptions page to tell us a bit more about what you’re interested in so we can send you relevant news.